Tuesday, February 11, 2020

A Day in the Life...

I know potters (and other artists) are always very curious about other potters' studios and love to visit, snoop around, ask questions... but I sometimes wonder about the rest of their lives, and maybe you do too.

So here's a glimpse at what it is really like around here.

Last night, just as I was getting into bed, I realized I had a couple of people coming in the morning to discuss An Event, that they were what you might call Good Housekeepers, and that I hadn't vacuumed or dusted or washed a floor in several weeks. Nothing for it but to set the alarm.

So this morning we started with a game called Olympic Vacuuming. Rosie won handily as she loves to bark at the vacuum and, if possible, nip at the beater bar. Entire living area vacuumed in under an hour, whoo hoo! Next was Speed Dusting, which was a draw. Rosie was only able to steal the dusting rag once, when I put it down to adjust the slip cover on the Dog Chair, and I got it back with no blood shed. Floor Washing in the kitchen I won totally, she's a dog, she doesn't do floors.

All spiffed with half an hour to spare.

I need guests more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment